Tuesday 14 April 2015

Interview With Isha Sharma





'Let your words speak, not voice.' -: Isharma.

A graduate in Bachelor of Commerce; Isha Sharma was born on 3rd November '94 in Rampur (U.P). A left-handed girl, She began her writing procession since standard 6th. She is an English novelist (unpublished), a bilingual (Hindi& English) poet, short story writer&article writer. Also trying her hand in composing lyrics. Her works have been published in Langlit- An International Peer reviewed Access Journal, Turning Point Of Life (anthology of short stories) by Author's Ink India, STRI by Numerique Publications, Miles Apart by Omji Publishing House, writer's ezine-a literary e-magazine (2poems), Book Review India's first e-magazine SNIFFERS 2015(2 poems), A PHASE UNKNOWN WOMAN-SEASON 2 by Sanmati Publishers, Dream Castle by Ridzee, Cupid Calls by Immortal Doon Publications and in AAGMAN-THE ARRIVAL (a print magazine) by Sanmati Publishers, New Delhi(1 poem). In her school days, she was awarded by 'Maa shweta pratibha samman' from great kaviis of Kanpur. Have written 70+ Hindi poems, 30+ English ones, 10 Hindi songs. Still writing. Recently, the author has become an editor of BOOK REVIEW INDIA'S e-magazine "SNIFFERS" and a Co-Editor of an anthology WOEBEGONE by Immortal Doon Publications. Also, she has attended a poetry meet at lodhi garden, New Delhi (in December 2014).
Dancing is her second passion.

One can mail her at -:ishas135@gmail.com
Else can ping her at:ishh2014@wordpress.com
Or can read her work at her fb page-: Isharma.
Also, she is a Goodreads author.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=bookmark. -: my profile link (fb)

https://l.facebook.com/l/EAQExlhVYAQHL07WGaUbVoipMg2dzaQmOLZZCtj83ubtvSQ/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.goodreads.com%2Fauthor%2Fshow%2F 13524388.Isha_Sharma


https://l.facebook.com/l/cAQGPPyrbAQFn-TgNdnPfrWt3BooUcoEw0E5r8gw3zWYGCA/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.goodreads.com%2Fauthor%2Fshow%2F13524388.Isha_Sharma



So for the readers who might need an introduction, can you share a little bit about yourself?
Isha Sharma is just a soul engrafted with the world of thoughts. She wants to write boundlessly. She just desires to LIVE her passion, her love, her life.
                                                                                                
When it comes to her published works, the author has made it up to 6 anthologies by Author’s Ink India; Numerique Publications, Omji Publishing House, Sanmati Publishers, Immortal Doon Publications and Ridzee. Apart from these, her poems have been published in 3 e-magazines viz., Writer’s Ezine, SNIFFERS by Book Review India and in Lang Lit International peer- reviewed access journal. Also, She has become an editor of Sniffers (B.R.I) and co-editor of an anthology WOEBEGONE by Immortal Doon Publications. Also, one of her poems is published in AAGMAN- THE ARRIVAL, a print magazine by Sanmati Publishers.
                                                                                                 
She is a bilingual poet, short story writer, lyric writer, novelist, article writer. Has written 75+ Hindi poems, 20+ English ones and 10 Hindi songs. Also, the girl loves to compose replicas of Bollywood songs (already composed 3-: Mil jaa kahi(lag jaa gale), tu hi hai mera sanam( Mera Mann by Aayushman Khurana) & Mai hu toh yahiin( Tu hai ki nahi by Ankit Tiwari). Still writing.



Isha, what does it mean to you to be a poet?
Whether I am a poet or a writer, I just want to WRITE, to go deep in the sea of words. That’s it.

Your poem, 'Yes! I am a Girl' seems beautiful. I'm interested in knowing some things that you appreciate about being a girl?
Being a girl is the most adorable thing, as no creature in this entire world can compare with the qualities of a woman. She has the guts to carry a LIFE in her womb, maybe that’s why the Almighty assigned HER this responsibility and not to HIM. She is the calmest and the angriest incarnation of God at different point of times. If you will love her, she will surrender herself completely to you; but; if you will try to break her up in tears, she will burn you to ashes.





'You can harass me, not my Will, remember, I am a Girl still.' Please elaborate this line for our readers.
The aforesaid line depicts the bold nature of a lady.  This means that a harasser can only harass her body and not her inner soul, her strength. If she is physically tortured by any human-faced vampire, then it will not going to weaken her will power, she will cope up with it and will rise again, with more courage, more boldness. She will still remain a GIRL, the most charming creature.


To follow up with that, as a creator and influencer, how do you hope that your work can inspire women to love and appreciate themselves more?
I don’t know, seriously. (Smiles). I just wrote what my heart felt; neither had I written to inspire nor to create an influence on anyone. I just penned down my thoughts on being a girl.
But, Yes! I would be the gladdest person in the universe if my work will inspire even a single lady to love her more. I wrote the reality of being a woman, who she is, what is her importance. She is made to be loved.


You have a great Facebook presence and often share some of your work. Do you find yourself creating works specifically for that or do you condense other poems that you already have?
No, I just post whatever I write on a piece of paper, Whether my works are old or the exclusive ones, I put more focus on writing for myself than for sharing it on social sites.


What sort of thing did you write about when you began?
As I already mentioned that I began my writing procession when I was in std. 6th, I used to write on the back pages of my notebooks, that time or use to tear the middle pages of the register for penning my thoughts down. In start I usually wrote about teachers, quotes on life, parents, friendship. Also composed short essay on mother, assembly prayer…. 

Now, jumping the years, can you say, are there any themes which particularly attract you as a poet, things that you feel you would like to write about?
Ya, specifically, I love to write on women empowerment, about their pain, sorrow, struggle… just about anything to everything about women.
At times, I like to write on a beautiful feeling called LOVE.


Describe your perfect Sunday.
(Laughs) For me, whether it is Sunday or any day of the week, I just want to take sips of cardamom tea, carrying my pen and diary along with (now I don’t tear middle pages, laughs) , wanna sit alone in my room and just wish to write and write and write……without any type of interruption.


What about writers who have influenced you, who have meant a lot to you?
Only one, Paulo Coelho.  I love the way he writes without using heavy words. Simplicity is what I appreciate the most in his writings. I get inspiration from how he struggled in his literary journey, with no one to support, to leant shoulder for him.


Isha, one notices in reading your poems and listening to your poems that there are two qualities which emerge very quickly and clearly; one is their lucidity (and I think these two qualities have anything to do one with the other), their lucidity and the impact they make on reading. Now, do you consciously design your poems to be both lucid and to be effective when they are read aloud?
Vikrant Sir, I appreciate that you noticed it. Frankly speaking, Yes, in most of my poems I take care of both the aspects you mentioned as they go hand-in-hand, I want that if they are read aloud, they should sound like poems and not like stories or short-notes plus they should be effective enough too.


Setting aside poetry for a moment, are there other things you would like to write, or that you have written?
Ya, as my bio informs, I am a bilingual poet (Hindi & English), story writer, article writer, lyric writer, novelist. The strangest part in my writing career is that I never thought of becoming an author of English works, I always focused on Hindi writings more, but see, my all published stuffs are of English writings. I love it.



Do you find yourself much in the company of other writers, or poets?
Not as such. I believe every writer is unique in himself, the way he thinks, he sees the world, the way he pens down his internal emotions is all different from that of others. We can’t compare anyone’s thoughts. We can’t follow the writing style of our fellow writers. We just write and explore. 


Is there anything else you would rather have done than writing poetry? Because this is something, obviously, which takes up a great deal of one's private life, if one's going to succeed at it. Do you ever have any lingering regrets that you didn't do something else?
No, since I understood what writing is to me, I never thought of doing something else. I know it won’t get me that amount of  bucks as an engineer or doctor gets, but that’s what a passion is, you follow it without considering the financial advantages.
Ya, one thing is there if I had not been a writer I would have like to become a choreographer. Dancing is my second passion. 


You have attended a poetry meet at Lodhi Garden, New Delhi, how was your experience out there?
Enakshi ma'am, the experience was mind-blowing; I never thought that my writings would take me to Lodhi Garden amongst the group of such great poets and writers. As, that was my very first poetry meet, I was overwhelmed with the experience of reciting my poem in front of the talented few.  I was glad that this was the first time that my parents were recognized by my name. That was a moment to feel proud of. 


What exciting things do you have happening in the upcoming future that we should know about?
Writing…writing and writing…


How was your experience with Sanmati publishers?
They are the ones who provided me a platform to showcase my work. So, they will always get a special place in the deepest core of my heart. THANKYOU!

Thanks so so much for your precious time Isha. It was nice of you to give this exclusive interview for the readers of your upcoming book, A Phase Unknown 2, Woman A Tribute.' We wish you luck for your future literary endeavors.



Interviewed By Enakshi & Kumar

2 comments:

  1. It is a pleasure to know about you Isha Sharma. :)
    As a fellow contributor, I would love to read your poem.

    ReplyDelete